Big-C is a concentrated liquid form of L-Carnitine, a natural nutrient found within food and the human body, synthesized mainly in the kidneys and liver to assist in energy metabolism through the breakdown of fatty acids. L-Carnitine plays an essential role to vital organs within the body, such as the heart, muscles, liver and immune cells by transporting long-chain fatty acids from the cytosol across the mitochondrial membrane for subsequent breakdown of lipids (fats) for the generation of metabolic energy.
L-Carnitine is present within the human heart and skeletal muscle in high concentrations. Therefore, the heart is dependent upon L-Carnitine as a constant supply of energy to support healthy heart functions. Vegetarians, high performance athletes and anyone following a meat-reduced diet can benefit from L-Carnitine supplementation, since most diets are low in some of the nutrients essential for L-Carnitine biosynthesis, such as lysine, methionine and iron. Lysine and methionine are two essential amino acids required for L-Carnitine biosynthesis to occur. Any malnutrition or lack of essential nutrients has a highly negative impact on the L-Carnitine biosynthesis, which depletes the body of natural energy required for healthy active lifestyles.
- Brain Wellness*
- Produces energy from fat*
- Maintaining healthy heart function*
- Support male reproductive systems*
- Enhances optimal recovery from exercise*
- May promote healthier body weight management*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.